Soms het ek idees van biljoen dollar. Ongelukkig (of gelukkig) het ek egter nooit die geld om in my miljard-dollar-idees te belê nie. Ek hoop iemand neem my aan hierdie een.
I'm overweight. It's a combination of bad eating habits and a sedentary lifestyle. Both are my fault. And when I go out to eat, no matter where I go, serving sizes are HUGE. Even if I order a small veggie sub, it's at least 2 servings. Did you know the average American serving at a restaurant is about 5 keer 'n normale porsiegrootte? Ai!
I don't have to eat the entire plate of food, I know. You have to admit it's nearly impossible to try to calculate how many servings are actually on the plate…. hmmm.
So here's my idea! Someone should start a restaurant called “Single Servings”. Sure, we can dress up the name, perhaps “Une Assiette” where the plates are large and the servings are simply for one. I believe there's a few reasons why a restaurant chain like this would succeed:
- Fat guys like me would have to go there for lunch just to show that we're making an effort.
- Less food, same price! That's a bigger profit per pound.
- Less food, cooks faster! That's more tables sold per hour.
- If I didn't go there for lunch, skinny people at work would pressure me into going so they show that they care. Like when they ask me if I want to go for a walk at lunch. 😉
- Maatskappye wat wil hê dat werknemers gesond moet eet, sal slegs by 'n restaurant soos hierdie bestel.
Die tagline vir Une Assiette sou maklik wees, of hoe? Ek hou van, "Vermy 'n groot assiette met Une Assiette!". Vir almal wat hierdie idee regtig aanvaar en daarmee saamwerk, sal ek 'n lewenslange maaltydkaart waardeer.
Sluit asseblief nageregte in.